Here at Team Mediasite, we like to take time at the end of the year to look back at some of our favorite moments – and there were a lot to pick from! Here are the highlights from 2017. Keep checking back in the coming days and weeks as we count down to our favorite moment.
1. Introducing Mediasite Experience 2018.
What is it, you ask? It’s the new face of our amazing Mediasite user conference.
Whether you’re a brand new to Mediasite or a super user, Mediasite Experience 2018 is the smartest investment you can make to sharpen your Mediasite skills. You’ll get the inside track on all our newest releases and critical best practices — everything you need for a successful upgrade or expansion. Even better, you’ll meet fellow users who have been in your shoes and are eager to share their success stories, lessons learned and Mediasite wisdom.
Tickets for MSX are sold in 3 releases, each with a limited number of tickets. The first release opens January 15, and we expect each release to sell out. Buy early to guarantee a spot. Another way to guarantee a spot? Apply to be a speaker! An accepted speaking proposal is still the best way to earn a free ticket. The call for proposals will open January 15th, and it’s never too early to apply.
2. Meet the New Mediasite.
The latest version of Mediasite makes getting started with lecture capture a snap, and our flexible deployment options mean it’s perfectly sized to fit the needs of your department, campus and budget. Instructors produce high-quality lectures and videos, and students get the flexibility to study and review as often as they please.
3. Our Events Team is Awesome.
Mediasite Events helps you stream your event to the world and engage attendees wherever they are. With the most experienced project managers and the most rock-solid technology in the industry, Mediasite Events is the go-to solution for the world’s largest companies and continuing education conferences.
Learn more about Mediasite Events.
4. That time Mediasite went viral.
A University of Tennessee-Knoxville student posted a heartwarming story about life as a single mom on Twitter. After explaining she had to miss a class because she couldn’t find childcare, her professor, who uses Mediasite, told her to bring her daughter to class.
Read her story: With Mediasite, learning Isn’t Disrupted – Even When Parenting Takes Priority.
Also, check out this Q&A with her professor who says faculty should take a chance on academic video, because students want it.
5. Mediasite U.
Mediasite U is the space to find all the latest trainings, updates and release information, community webcasts and best practice toolkits.
Check out Mediasite U to beef up on your Mediasite skills today! (You must be a member of the community to access Mediasite U. It’s free and easy for Mediasite users to join.)
6. Our Customer Support team is the best.
This year we highlighted what sets our awesome support team apart and introduced you to some of the smiling faces on the other end of the lines. Get to know our crew!
- Read about Mike Vidal, senior systems engineer, here
- Read about Steve Davis, lead hosting administrator, here
- Read about Adam Snow, community manager, here
- Read about Justin Norman, customer experience manager, here
- Read about Ted Hoch, technical services manager, here
7. Podcast: Premiere Episode of EdTech Focus.
Check out Sonic Foundry’s EVP Rob Lipps on the premiere episode of EdTech Focus. He dishes on all things Mediasite. Listen now.
8. Webinar: Want More Engaged Learners? Gamification is the Answer.
To really engage learners, you need to inspire curiosity. Make them think. Give them a competitive advantage. Gamification is the answer. Adding gaming elements to your videos creates effective learning environments, gives learners instant feedback and can even reduce distraction.
Learn more about using gamification with video here.
9. Case Study: How GE Healthcare Offers Cost-Effective Physician Training with Mediasite.
GE Healthcare Education provides a blended learning program – live virtual training combined with on-demand self-study for some of its products. And each hospital is able to track physician progress and certificates of completion. Since 2015, it’s supported the certification of more than 2,100 physicians on its products. See how they did it.
10. The new Mediasite RL Mini: Meet the next little thing in lecture capture.
This year we debuted the Mediasite RL Mini, proving that automated lecture capture doesn’t need to break the bank. The new plug-and-play device adds automated video and content capture to any learning space with limited (or no) built-in camera or AV sources. It’s perfect for community colleges, vocational-tech schools, small departments and K12 classrooms with tight budgets.
Put it anywhere. Instructors simply plug in their laptop and camera webcam and start teaching. Learn more.
11. Heard at EDUCAUSE: 2017 was the Year of the Active Classroom.Active learning classrooms – student-centered, technology-rich environments – took off this year. And they’re only going to grow in popularity, becoming more mainstream in the years ahead.
Learn why this approach to learning is the next big thing, and hear from a professor who experimented with it and saw impressive results.
12. Webinar – The Three P’s of Accessibility.
Do you find it difficult to make your classes truly accessible? Are you struggling to know where to start? Join the club.
This webinar covers both the technical and pedagogical considerations for creating accessible video. You don’t want to miss this one.
13. Case Study: Vanderbilt School of Nursing used Mediasite to create a ton of content. During a recent semester, faculty created more than 22,000 hours of video, which got over 30k! Find out how they did it.
14. Video: Our 2017 Predictions. Last year our team made predictions for 2017. Watch them again to see who got it right!
15. eCampus News article: How universities are leveraging online video technology for no-boundaries learning: Check out our CEO Gary Weis’ column in eCampus News all about no-boundaries learning. He talks about how video can help support global learning for students interested in curricula from U.S. institutions.
16. Unleash17. This year more than 300 of our customers attended our user conference in Madison, Wis. (and online via Mediasite, of course). Relive the conference and our amazing Enterprise Video Award winners.
17. Webinar & Report: Prescribing New Solutions for Video in Healthcare.
Healthcare is changing fast. The heated debate about healthcare reform, the constant rollout of new technologies, pharmaceuticals, and treatment programs, and the shift toward digitization of patient records are all contributing to the rapid evolution. The need for new tools to improve healthcare skills training and patient care has never been greater.