Today at InfoComm 2018 we announced the latest release of Mediasite Video Platform that is designed to provide centralized and easily accessible collaborative video options for any training room, huddle room or classroom. Updates include:
- New video capture tools for collaborative environments
- Real-time live streaming to social channels
- More searchable, accessible and engaging videos
- And expanded options for centralized video capture
Capture meetings, classes and trainings with new video solutions
Sonic Foundry is showcasing the latest in its suite of video capture solutions that meet the needs of any collaborative environment.
- Comprehensive video and web conference capture. Live streaming capabilities in Mediasite Join is the latest feature in the solution that automatically records and manages everything said and shown during meetings and online classes. Mediasite Join, available on-premises as an appliance or in Mediasite Video Cloud, integrates with existing conferencing systems, capturing audio, camera feeds and any content shared – a much more accessible and useful file than single-stream recordings from conferencing technologies. (Read: Sonic Foundry Announces Migration Program for Cisco TCS and Former Polycom RealPresence Media Suite Customers)
- Plug-and-Play Capture. The Mediasite RL Mini provides automated capture in a compact, affordable device. Users simply plug in their laptop and camera and start a class or meeting – anywhere.
- Create and share video on any device. My Mediasite, the easy-to-use personal capture software, allows employees, faculty, students, etc. to record screencasts and video from any device – all with the same user experience. From creating several simultaneous video streams to the latest My Mediasite capabilities, capturing audio-only or video-only, users can record with the click of a button. A streamlined interface speeds up the creation process.
Enhanced playback experience
The latest way to curate, watch and share videos is via new Mediasite channels. With deep engagement features and powerful search and social sharing, users can create customized video playlists in My Mediasite. With a YouTube-like interface, Mediasite channels support continuous playback of video and automatically aggregate related content.
Plus, new engagement features such as quizzing, annotations, commenting and polling better help instructors measure progress and give real-time feedback on students’ understanding. An enhanced dashboard allows instructors to not only see who watched what and when, but they can also filter by quiz score, time spent watching the content and length of content watched to see the effectiveness of their videos.
Accessibility needs covered
New integration between Mediasite and IBM Watson for speech-to-text gives customers deeper insights than ever before into their data. The integration gives Mediasite full content search for everything said and shown in many languages, automatically indexing it without the need for manually adding tags. Plus, Watson automatically removes interjections and vocal pauses, creating cleaner transcripts. Learn more
Stream live to social channels
New social streaming capabilities via Real-Time Messaging Protocol allows Mediasite to directly stream to social channels like Facebook and YouTube while simultaneously streaming to Mediasite. Organizations and schools can also increase the reach of their conferences and events by streaming keynotes and sessions to the public.
Centralized video capture with AV Over IP Technology
Mediasite video capture appliances now integrate with NewTek’s NDI. This allows for more flexible video transmission to a centrally-connected location, creating the most efficient streaming video production possible. With Mediasite directly supporting NDI, there is less need for dedicated IP-based transmitting and receiving devices, which in turn creates a more integrated and cost-effective solution. Learn more
Manage large video deployments in real time
The new Mediasite Monitor is an application to help customers manage large video deployments. When monitoring several Recorders using web-based tools, there’s an increased risk of browsers crashing and limited usability. With Mediasite Monitor, customers can keep track of and control hundreds of Recorders at once much more efficiently. Plus, it tracks the Recorders in real time, compared to the 40+ second latency experienced with legacy tools. Users can make adjustments, preview video and listen to audio in real time.