We here at Team Mediasite like to take some time at the end of the year to look back at some of our favorite moments. Here are the highlights of 2016. Keep checking back in the coming days and weeks as we update the list.
1. New Logo! This fall we rolled out an entirely new look. Fifteen years ago, Mediasite was a room-based, desktop web streaming platform. Fast forward to 2016, and our users create and watch videos from anywhere – including their mobile devices. The new logo reflects this evolution. Fun fact: the mark pays tribute to our video roots. It’s a figurative representation a film reel.
2. New Community: This year we launched a sleek, new Community for our customers. The Community is a place for you to ask questions, share tips and tricks, network and learn. If you’re not a member yet, be sure and join the new Community today.
3. 10th Anniversary of Unleash and Unleash17: This year we celebrated 10 years of Unleash, the annual Mediasite User Conference. More than 300 of our customers attended the 10th annual Unleash Mediasite User Conference in Madison, Wis. (and online via Mediasite), and it was our biggest and best conference to date. Relive the conference with the video and blog posts below.
- 10th Annual Mediasite User Conference, Unleash, Attracts Video and Online Learning Experts Worldwide
- Relive Unleash 2016
If you register by December 31st, you can save up to $500 on passes with our early bird rates. You can also apply to be a speaker and earn a free pass or nominate yourself for the Enterprise Video Awards. Finalists get a free pass to Unleash! Learn more
4. Analyst Accolades: We are honored to receive top honors from industry analysts this year for being a robust and comprehensive webcasting, video content management and lecture capture solution.
- Wainhouse Research named us a ‘Champion’ in its new report, Streaming & Lecture Capture for Education and Training Market Overview 2016.
- Aragon Research named us a ‘Leader’ in enterprise video in two reports – Aragon Research Globe™ for Video Content Management, 2016 and Hot Vendors in Enterprise Video, 2016.
- Frost & Sullivan recognized us as a lecture capture leader
5. Mediasite U: This year Mediasite U launched in our new Community. Mediasite U is the space to find all of the latest trainings, updates and release information, community webcasts and best practice toolkits.
6. Podcasts! Check out The AV Life Podcast, Convergent Tech Blog Podcast and rAVe’s Tech Chaos podcast: Sonic Foundry’s Rob Lipps, EVP, and Sean Brown, SVP, dish on all things Mediasite on these shows.
7. Webinar: Research Revealed: Better Student Outcomes with the Learning Glass Project. Find out how Dr. Matt Anderson of San Diego State University integrated Learning Glass into his physics courses with great success for both students and professors in this webinar. Watch the webinar
8. Ebook: How to Achieve Student Success with Academic Video. Learn how a veteran educator uses Mediasite to strengthen skills, ease struggles, and push her students further. Read the ebook
9. Webinar: Amplify Your Corporate Social Responsibility Efforts with Video. Find out how XS2Justice Foundation, a small organization in the Netherlands, is using video to scale its services to reach billions of underserved people around the world.
10. Webinar: How to Use Technology to Make Learning Accessible for All. In this webinar co-hosted by cielo24, our expert panel demonstrated how to identify the needs of your institution, explore technology solutions that work and help you translate those solutions into actionable, inclusive plans for your own campus.
11. Blog post: Why Duke University Medical Students Excel with Mediasite. Our Director of Marketing, Kristin Zurovitch, spent the day at Duke University. She learned how Duke School of Medicine, Duke School of Nursing and Duke Health Technology Solutions use video to maximize training effectiveness and achieve student proficiency and excellence in educating tomorrow’s medical professionals. Read the blog post
12. Mediasite Join.Learn about our newest video conference capture software, Mediasite Join. Mediasite Join automatically records, streams and manages your video calls so users can find and watch a missed meeting, conference call or online class.
13. Blog post – University of the Free State Accelerates Video Delivery to Remote Campuses with Mediasite by Sonic Foundry. Learn how a partnership between Sonic Foundry and the University of the Free State has revolutionized academic video delivery to bandwidth-challenged areas in South Africa. Read the blog post
14. This very special visitor to our office. No explanation needed for this one.
15: Ebook – Medical Education Done Right. This ebook offers insights from pioneers who have used Mediasite to gain a competitive advantage and meet increasing student demand. The information and quotes have been collected from interviews, articles, awards, case studies and conferences. Read on for an inside look into just how important video has become to your peers in medical education. Read the ebook
16: Webinar – The Race to Digital Starts with Unified Communications and Collaboration. In this webinar we were lucky enough to be joined by Aragon Research founder and CEO Jim Lundy. He took us through how the best teams are creating digital video strategies that leverage Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) to achieve business outcomes.