Your spring commencement ceremony might seem like it’s far off in the distance. After all, the spring semester just started. But if we’ve learned anything from 2020 it’s that being prepared for every scenario is always best, and virtual is here to stay.
If you’re planning a graduation ceremony, you’re probably considering both virtual and hybrid options. While we are all desperately hoping for a return to normalcy this year, spring commencements will likely require extra ingenuity, patience, and flexibility – starting with making sure your event will reach your graduates’ family and friends wherever they are – in-person or watching from a distance.
Planning ahead means you’ll need to consider switching from in-person to hybrid or fully virtual at any time, and having answers prepared for a whole host of questions:
- Who will be attending in person?
- Who will be attending virtually?
- How will your graduates be recognized?
- How will viewers access the ceremony?
- Who will help speakers with any connection issues?
- Will speakers pre-record their presentations or will they deliver it to a live audience?
- How can you ensure the broadcast is secure?
Yes, there are a lot of questions involved in planning a commencement ceremony this year.
Luckily, the Mediasite Events team is here with the expertise to help support you throughout the planning and execution of your ceremony. With Mediasite Events’ turnkey virtual event platform your event planning will be a breeze – even in the midst of a pandemic. The team has been creating seamless virtual experiences for over 15 years, and they can help you deliver engaging content and support your participants and attendees every step of the way.
There are no easy answers to 2021 events, so let Mediasite Events do the heavy lifting and ensure your graduates get the send-off they deserve. Here’s a snapshot of some of the options to make your graduation ceremony a success:
- Speaker concierge services – Your officiants, guest speakers and graduates will be in the right place and look and sound their best. A Mediasite Events pro will be at their virtual side throughout the entire event behind the scenes.
- Engagement features – Let your attendees cheer on their graduate with interactive chat.
- Live Captioning – ADA level captioning is available in real-time to make sure the ceremony is accessible to all family and friends watching from a distance.
- Live or Simulated Live – Stream the ceremony live or pre-record it to air at a specific time.
- Security – Attendees can register for an account and create a username and password to gain access (if that’s what you need). The stream can also be available to the masses.
- Tech Support – Leave nothing to chance. Make sure your event runs smoothly with phone support and a virtual venue admin.
Graduation will be here before you know it and in these uncertain times, planning ahead is key to making sure you are ready for any last-minute adjustments. Leave the details to our experts, and we will help your attendees enjoy the ceremony – no matter where or how they’re watching.